Scroll down to check out some photos
About Mr. Anderson:
Hello! My Name is Mr. Anderson. I am really excited about teaching P.E. at DATA. I have been a teacher in Ventura Unified School District for 25 years, and this is my ninth year specializing in physical education. Fitness is something I practice on a daily basis, so I feel really lucky to be able to teach this same kind of active lifestyle to my students.
Fun facts about Mr. Anderson:
- My beautiful wife, Mrs. Anderson, is also a teacher in the district at Foothill High School
- I have been teaching for 25 years.
- My grandfather and father were teachers as well.
- I have two wonderful children Emma (13) and Beau (12) who I spend as much time with as possible.
- I love all types of sports, but my favorites are football, basketball, and tennis.
- I coach volleyball and basketball throughout the year.
- I LOVE to read. I always carry a book in my car just in case I have time for a chapter or two. A lot of times I am reading through two or three books at once.
- I love to hear a good joke, but I am horrible at remembering them.
- One of my favorite hobbies is traveling. (CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS BELOW)I've visited 47 different countries and many of the states in the U.S.A. during my lifetime, and I'm always ready to explore more.
- During my travels, I have: gone skydiving, bungee jumped, swam with caimans (little alligators), and swam in a cage with great white sharks around.
- During my travels, I've eaten: alligator, crocodile, kangaroo, guinea pig, snake and snake eggs, worms, crickets, llama (on a pizza), cow heart (on a stick), balut (baby chicken still inside of the egg), and durian (a fruit that smells like garbage).
Check out some of the photos of my travels below.